Monday, February 17, 2020



WANDERING WITH THE WRIGHTS
February 17, 2020

We are still at our favorite camping location in Benson, AZ - but that doesn't mean we haven't been keeping busy.  Jerry volunteers twice a week at the RV Park's Landscape Committee and also serves on the Architectural Committee.  I volunteer on the Welcome Committee and the Rules Committee.

We have also been out and about visiting some of the local attractions - One of which is Kartchner Caverns just 15 minutes from us.  They actually offer two different tours - one of which we will tell you about in this blog and will fill you in on the other tour next time as we are going on that tour this Friday.

A young cavern as it wasn't found until 1974
Camera's or phone's are not allowed in the cavern so these are pictures of pictures.

Many of the formations have been continuously growing for tens of thousands of years. The formations grow very slowly and are extremely fragile. 
Some of the formations look like bacon

Approximately 1,500 bats make one of the rooms at Kartchner Caverns their home during the summer months.  There are no tours offered in that section of the cave when the bats are in residence.  During the summer the colony is busy giving birth, raising their pups and teaching them to fly and how to hunt.  

We never get tired of the magnificent AZ sunsets

Or having meals out with friends 
We are blessed to have weekend entertainment here at the park as well as guest speakers on all kinds of subjects

This was a John Denver tribute and we all enjoyed singing along to many of the songs

Country Western Entertainers
This is a resident here at the park that was a NASA Scientist for over 40 years - Fascinating story - he played a major roll in the Space Station

While Jerry stayed in warm - sunny AZ I braved the cold and made a trip back to IL.
I had a wonderful trip - Got to visit with family and friends

My mom and our youngest grandson


We celebrated Vincent's 3rd Birthday


Four Generations

Also spent both Friday nights I was in IL with our oldest grandson, Calvin and his dad and grandpa.
Peter & Becky loaned me a car the entire time I was there - so grateful for their kindness.
Friday night is pizza night and I didn't want to miss the pizza or these three - (missed Becky though)
My former supervisor, Stuart and his wife Julie, were in Benson while I was gone.
They and  their friends and Jerry went our to lunch - sorry I missed them for sure


I also missed what is called the new leaseholder luncheon while I was gone.  Jerry made sure I was represented though :-)

It was time to head back to AZ - while at the Milwaukee, WI airport waiting for my flight - I walked into the restroom just as my dear friend Nancy was walking out.  She was also home visiting her mom and neither of us had any idea the other was in the area.  Nancy and her husband Rod retired to Florida and we haven't seen them in years.
The time I had been dreading waiting for the plane turned out to be great fun catching up with my dear friend.

As Nancy needed to get on her plane who walks by but Peter Wright heading back to FL to rejoin his wife!

I made it home in time to enjoy Valentines Day with my favorite Valentine
My trip  home was wonderful - got to visit with and enjoy meals with many friends and family and enjoyed every minute.  My mom is doing wonderfully and of course seeing her, Jerry's son & daughter in-law, my son and our grandson's is SO good for my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.